Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who Wears Short Shorts?!

Well, actually - no one in my house wears short shorts - we don't roll like that.  But, I did discover that making shorts is crazy easy.  It started as a project to make those attached shorts to the cutesy huge collar shirts.  I bought one for pepito that was darling for 99 cents but he has nothing to wear with it because the collar looked so weird under things.  Well - that was a bust.  I got the proportions wrong and it looked crazy.  So - I folded over the top where I had put all the button holes and, voila, he had regular shorts.  And because of the button holes, it was incredibly easy to thread the elastic through.

I ended up removed the collar and plan to have the shirt monogrammed to wear with the blue gingham shorts for a "dressy casual" outfit.  I know - I find myself ridiculous for even saying that about an 8.5 month's wardrobe...


And in the name of easy, my bestest's little boy has the same problem as William - they're squirts.  No shorts/pants in their true size fits their waist.  I can't tell you how many pairs of adorable pants don't fit either one of them.  So - this is doubly awesome - cute shorts for summer and I can tailor the waist measurement to fit.  I am RIDICULOUSLY excited!  And Robbie got some to match!!

Turns out that buying too much green seersucker frogs was the best thing that ever happened to us!


Now - it was on my list all day to take a pic of W in his blue gingham shorts - but the day got away from me and he ended up with no pants on for most of the afternoon.  Oh well.  But here are Robbie's shorts that I took pics of last week.  And I'll have to say, I love that it requires so little yardage - less than 1/2 yd easy.  Oh, remnants, how I've missed you - we will meet again very soon!!

They're just so cute I can't stand it!


And I labeled this post with 'girls' as well, because how cute would these be in pink with a monogrammed tshirt?!!

No comments: